Sunday, August 19, 2007

Southern Reading Challenge - 2007


June 1st through August 31st

July 3, 2007 UPDATE: Maggie is hosting a bit of a contest over at her site. You don't have to be participating in the Southern Reading Challenge to play along! The contest is to select a passage from a Southern book and then either take a photo or find a picture on the Internet that goes with the passage. Of course there is a prize for the lucky winner! Check it out but be quick, the contest only runs through July 31st.

Maggie over at Maggie Reads is sponsoring the Southern Reading Challenge 2007. Be sure to go here to link to your reviews for this challenge.

This one sounds like a lot of fun. The goal is to read three books set in the South and written by a Southern author. There's even a map to help participants determine what States are acceptable for the challenge!.

Hop on over to Maggie's blog to read more about it!

I knew I couldn't resist this one...and I can't! I'll be signing up for it. I've found three books on my stacks that I think meet the criteria:

1. The Evening Star, by Larry McMurtry (completed June 30, 2007; read a review here.)
2. Bastard Out of Caroline, by Dorothy Allison (completed August 18, 2007; read a review here.)
3. No Country For Old Men, by Cormac McCarthy (completed July 20, 2007; read a review here.)

I COMPLETED the challenge on August 18, 2007! Thanks, Maggie!!