Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Around The World in 80 Books


Sally from Reading Challenges has a personal challenge to read 80 books set in 80 different countries. Based in part on the book Around The World In 80 Days, by Jules Verne, Sally says:

"As it is a personal challenge, I actually haven't set myself a
time frame, I'm just going to plod through. I sort of pinched the idea
from a forum on Oprah's web page, but there are other bloggers doing
similar things - one lady is actually writing a book along the lines
of 'So many books so little time' but about reading around the world.

I am going to read 80 books set in different countries - only one book
from a country - I have read a few books set in Afghanistan this year
- but only counting one. The whole book has to be set in that country,
or mostly in that country, not counting it if the main character
spends one chapter in a country. Oh, and it doesn't necessarily have
to be a translated book."
Sounds like a fun challenge!