Friday, August 31, 2007

Eight Books and 8 Categories in '08

January 1 - December 31, 2008

UPDATE August 31, 2008: So much interest was generated with Michelle's idea, that she has started a group blog for those who want to join her in the challenge. This is not a review blog, but a place for participants to update their lists and share their links to their reviews! Go on over and check it out - I know I'll be there!!

My friend, Michelle, not only has a new blog - she also has a new idea for 2008. It is a personal challenge for herself to read eight books in eight categories in the year 2008 (she's allowing 8 "overlaps" so her 2008 books commitment is 56).

Recently she posted her plan to our Yahoo Group - a Novel Challenge, and all of us book crazed, challenge addicted, list obsessed people began drooling. So, I thought I'd post it here as well.

I'm sure Michelle would love to see your lists if you feel inspired to create your own personal reading challenge for 2008; and I know she'd love to have you cheer her on as systematically picks off the books on her lists!