Saturday, September 15, 2007

24 Hour Read-A-Thon Challenge


UPDATE September 15, 2007: The date has been set, the rules have been established, the challenge is ON!

When: October 20th, 2:00 pm GMT
How Long: 24 hours
More Information and Rules and Sign ups: GO HERE

There are LOTS of ways to get involved, from being a reader, to being a cheerleader to being a promoter. I would love, love, love to be a reader or cheerleader for this amazing project. BUT, I will be traveling from October 13th through October 27th so I know I cannot commit to this. HOWEVER, I am going to promote the heck out of it and hope it is wildly successful so I can participate NEXT YEAR!!!!

*********

Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf is formulating a new challenge in October. The 24 hour Reading Challenge will have readers commit to a 24 hour period of reading books and book blogging. Dewey is still finalizing the rules. She is considering this:

I also would like to have people sign up to be cheerleaders. The cheerleaders would be people who maybe can’t quite commit to 24 hours straight, but would like to go around and cheer on the readers.


Why not pop over to her blog and give her your input?