May 2008 - September 15, 2008
Hosted by Becky from Becky's Book Reviews, the It's The End of the World (As We Know It) Challenge includes reading books which are apocalyptic and post-apocalyptic (aliens, evil governments, war, plague, natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, volcanoes, hurricanes, depletion of resources, genetic manipulation, etc.). The goal is to read three books from this genre. Becky writes:
- Books can be adult, young adult, or children's. (Though obviously, most will be YA on up.)
- Graphic novels can count.
- Audio books can count.
- Crossovers with other challenges are allowed.
- Rereads can count. But try to read at least one new-to-you book.
- Books read earlier in the year (January to April) can count in part for the challenge. (But not all three, please.)
- No lists are required, but you may post one if you like. I'd be curious to see what people want to read...