Saturday, August 16, 2008

2008 Ban on Spending Book Challenge


Current through December 31, 2008


J. Kaye at J. Kaye's Book Blog has come up with a challenge that most of us obsessed readers should probably join (although I'm the first to admit I could never, ever complete this one!). The 2008 Ban on Spending Book Challenge is all about self control. Here's the rules:
  1. No purchasing books for yourself until all the books listed are gone. No purchasing books for other people with the intention of reading them after they are finished. Library or other borrowed books can’t be listed.
  2. Any books won in a raffle or given as a gift will be added to this list.
  3. Books to be reviewed for promo companies, other blogs, authors, etc. do not count and are not added to the list.
  4. Start anytime and list as many or as few books as needed. Once all books are checked off from the list, the ban is lifted and the spending can begin again.
  5. The ending date for each person can vary to a few weeks or months as long as it doesn’t exceed December 31, 2008. This ban can be lifted earlier if all books listed have been read or donated.
  6. If you don't have a blog and would like to still join, list your books in the comment section of the post about the challenge.
I know I should join this one...but I won't because I'm not ready to admit I have a problem (okay, so I have a problem, but I'm not ready to deal with it yet!).