January 1 - December 31, 2009
The A to Z challenge has changed hands. Becky will now be hosting this annual challenge beginning in 2009 (Patti has started the ABC Readers Yahoo Group which is a sister site to the challenge!). The 2009 A to Z Challenge has several options for participants to choose from:
- Option A: Read authors A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
- Option B: Read titles A to Z. Commit to reading 26 books theoretically speaking.
- Option C: Read both authors A to Z and titles A to Z (52 books; this is the challenge Joy created)
- Option D: Read internationally A to Z (books representing 26 different countries) (The books could be from international authors (writers from that country); however, it's fine if a book is only set in that country. If need be, instead of countries one could use cities, states, regions, etc. The idea is to use proper place names. If you'd like you could even use a few fictional countries.)
- Option E: Read 26 Alphabet books. Embrace your inner child and go visit the children's section!