March 1 - December 31, 2009
The Orbis Terrarum 2009 Challenge is set to begin ... and this annual challenge now has its own blog! Bethany from B&B Ex Libris is the host. Here are the 2009 rules:
- For the challenge each reader is to choose 10 books (for the 10 months).
- Each book must from a different country, I have decided to go by the country of origin of the author, or the country he/she lives in is fine as well.
- You don't have to have a list, that means you can change your mind at any time.
At the end of the challenge each OT challenger could select one of their favourite books that they read during that challenge to pass on to someone else who also finished the challenge. It would be like a: bests of 2009 OT swap!!FUN.Tell me what you think!!
If some people didn't want to be involved, they could just opt out, no problem.
There are also going to be optional mini-challenges throughout the year. So far this is what is being offered:
- Orbis Terrarum Film Mini Challenge (to watch 10 films, 10 different countries, by 10 different directors in the 10 months)
- Orbis Terrarum Bilingual Mini Challenge (to read books in other languages - this one is still being developed!)
- Orbis Terrarum Short Story Mini Challenge (hosted on Katrina's blog - to travel through 10 countries through 10 short stories during the summer months)