Thursday, April 30, 2009

The Pre-Printing Press Challenge

May 1st 2009-April 30th 2010


Elana of All Booked Up is hosting her very first challenge.

Here's how she describes it:

I've seen a lot of challenges for reading romances, fiction, award winning books and many more. Challenges on various themes (King Arthur etc.) and challenges to fit certain criteria, such as the What's In A Name Challenge.What I haven't seen is a challenge for reading books that pre-date the Printing Press. There's so many good pieces of writing that fit in this category (and I'm not asking you to read them in the original language unless you want to). So, for my first reading challenge, the pre-printing press challenge, I'm asking people to give these ancient and medieval books a try.I'll admit that I'm more familiar with the European books, but if you know of something that fits the qualifications of the challenge from other parts of the world, feel free to include it.
To find out more of to join, visit The Pre-Printing Press Challenge.