Monday, September 21, 2009

L. J. Smith Reading Challenge


September 1, 2009 - August 31, 2010

No matter how hard I try, I seem to miss a challenge from time to time. This one just came to my attention. Hosted by Amy at My Friend Amy, the L. J. Smith Reading Challenge is all about reading the series authored by L. J. Smith. Amy is a huge vampire fan and writes:

I read everything I could by L.J. Smith, and I loved it all. And then I became an older high schooler and thought I was too old for YA fiction and started reading classics and literature and stuff. (I'm not kidding, I was the biggest book snob!! Well, except for a little bit of Elizabeth George and Anne Rice)

And I traded in my L.J. Smith books. And then HORROR! They went out of print!!!
And then along came Stephanie Meyers and L. J. Smith's books came back into print...and now there is a television series of The Vampire Diaries on the CW (premier of September 10th). And so Amy's challenge was born. She is planning on phases for this challenge...and this first phase will last one year and involve reading the Vampire Diaries Series. In addition, Amy will be recapping the t.v. show every Friday on her blog...and you are invited to do so as well.

Here are the details:

What are we reading? L.J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries!
What are we watching? The Vampire Diaries on the CW!
When do we start? September 1st!
When do we have to finish? August 31st, 2010

To get more information on the challenge and sign up, visit the post on the challenge. To post your reviews of the books, visit the review post.

**PLEASE note, there is a similar challenge (The Vampire Diaries Challenge) being offered at Trisha's Book Blog.