Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Books to Read Before I Die Challenge


January 1 - December 31, 2010

Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea is hosting the Books to Read Before I Die Challenge. She writes:
In 2010, I've decided I'm only going to read the books that I've really wanted to read for a quite a while. I no longer will not feel guilty, or pressured to read any book that I really have no interest in. I know this topic has surfaced before, but I thought what better way to start off 2010, than with a Challenge that encourages us to "Read the Best Books First".
Here are the guidelines for the challenge:
  1. Between now and December 31, 2009, make a list of between 10 and 20 Books to Read Before You Die. (depending on interest, this may be an annual event challenge).
  2. The books on your list can come from your stacks or the library, and be in print or audio format.
  3. Once you've created your post with tentative titles, THEN sign up using Mr. Linky (on the post about the challenge), by pasting the link to your post, along with your name/blog name. This is how you will be registered. Finalize your list by 12/31/09 (no changes to the list after 12/31/09).
  4. NOTE: If you don't have a blog, you can still sign up and join in the fun.
  5. All bloggers who complete the challenge will be entered in giveaway to win an Amazon Gift Card.
To learn more and for sign ups, visit the post about the challenge.