Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Maud Hart Lovelace Challenge

October 1 -31, 2009

A Library is a Hospital for the Mind is hosting the Maud Hart Lovelace Reading Challenge for the month of October.

[...]I am a long time fan of Mrs. Lovelace's writing, particularly the Betsy-Tacy series. I was introduced to the Betsy Ray by my mother, who, had herself, read the books as a teenager. I immediately fell in love with the stories and over the years have reread them several times, but I've never had the chance to share how great these books are to more than a few readers and only then by word of mouth. Until now!

Thanks to Harper CollinsPublishers, who have chosen to republish the last six novels in the Betsy-Tacy series, readers everywhere can now have easy and affordable access to some of Mrs. Lovelace's best stories. And so I ask you, what better time is there to launch a reading challenge then the week the books are released after being out of print for the last decade?

There is no set number of books to read. But if you want to join, you have to hurry. Sign ups are just through Saturday! Visit the post about the challenge to learn more and sign up!