Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Reading Western Europe Challenge


January 1, 2010- December 31, 2010

Samantha is hosting the Reading Western Europe Challenge

Here's what she says:
Most of you will be familiar with the Book Around the World challenge, which basically challenges you to read the best books from all around the world. Now is that a challenge that's hard for several reasons. For one, what is the best book? Sometimes, you're lucky to find a book that just fits that country, never mind it being a good book or not. Secondly, it's a big challenge, and can be very overwhelming. And last, but certainly not least for me, it's a perpetual challenge, so procrastination is so very easy! Therefore, I'm setting myself a challenge for 2010: read 1 book a month set in a country in Western Europe. Which means that at the end of 2010, I'll have read a book set in every country of Western Europe. Now that's what I call progres!
Want to join me? Here's how:

1. Sign up in the comments (on the post about the challenge)

2. Read 12 books in 2010, one book for each of the following countries:

1. Belgium
2. France
3. Ireland
4. Luxembourg
5. Monaco
6. The Netherlands
7. Switzerland
8. Northern Ireland (part of the UK, which I split up)
9. England (part of the UK, which I split up)
10. Wales (part of the UK, which I split up)
11. Scotland
12. Channel Islands

3. Post your review each month in the comments of the post I'll set up for that.