Sunday, October 25, 2009

SHELF DISCOVERY CHALLENGE


November 1, 2009 - April 30, 2010

Julie of Booking Mama is hosting the Shelf Discovery Challenge.

Here is what Julie says:

I have been searching for the "perfect" challenge for months now, and I think I finally found it -- the Shelf Discovery Challenge! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am to host my first challenge, and I think it's just a perfect fit for me and my blog.

SHELF DISCOVERY is a "reading memoir" which features over 70 MG and YA classics with Ms. Skurnick's unique impressions. There are also essays about these classics written by current women writers including Meg Cabot, Laura Lippman, Cecily von Ziegesar, and Jennifer Weiner.


As I read this book, I fondly remembered many of the books that I read years ago -- often times, over and over again. I also realized that there were a lot of books that I missed out on and would love to read now -- like a WRINKLE IN TIME. There are just so many wonderful classics for teens that are featured in the pages of this book -- I hardly know where to start!


By participating in this challenge, you can revisit some of your childhood favorites while also having the chance to read some of these classics for the very first time. And even if you've read some of these books over and over again as a young girl (like me), I think that by re-reading them now we will appreciate th
em for entirely different reasons.

To find out more or to join, go to the Shelf Discovery Challenge.