Friday, November 20, 2009

Biblical Fiction Challenge


January 1, 2010 - December 31, 2010


Here's what Twiga says,

I have found that reading a fiction book that is based on a story from the Bible has often made the Bible story come more alive for me. It helps me to put myself into the story and what things were like during those times. There seems to be a plethora of books out there that take a character from the Bible and turn it into a fictional story. I have a whole list of books that fall into this type of genre. 

The challenge I'm putting out is to read at least 6 of these books during 2010. Some examples of this type of book are:

The Garden of Ruth by Eva Etzioni-Halevy
Havah: The Story of Eve by Tosca Lee
Song of Abraham by Ellen Gunderson Traylor
Rebekah (Women of Genesis) by Orson Scott Card
The Handmaid and the Carpenter by Elizabeth Berg
The Beginning by Gene Edwards