Thursday, December 10, 2009

Darling Daughters Reading Challenge

December 8, 2009 - October 3, 2010

Tokemise of By Hook or By Book is hosting her very first challenge, the Darling Daughters Reading Challenge.

Here's what she says:

I've finally decided to host my own challenge after thinking about it for over a year. I know that alot of challenges are starting up for the new year but I just can't wait any longer. Have you noticed, like I have, how many book titles are: something, something..."daughter". The so and so's daughter, daughter of the ....? Well, I have three wonderful beautiful daughters, one who turns 18 in May and that got me to thinking about all these daughters. How do they all turn out? Join me in finding out as I read as many books with the word daughter in the title as I can for this challenge. I'll have prizes along the way but I'm not sure when or for what just yet. Here is the basic information for now:

Name of Challenge: The Darling Daughters Reading Challenge

Dates: Today Dec. 8, 2009 to Oct. 3, 2010 (That's one of my daughter's birthday and it finishes us up before the fall/holiday challenges start)

Levels: Try to read at least one a month but there are no rules really, I'll keep it simple but if you read more than 12 you will be crowned Mother Superior and be entered into a special prize drawing at the close of the challenge.

Sign Up: For now just leave a comment for this post and I will try to learn how to set up a Mr. Linky and/or a whole new blog just for this challenge.

A Contest: For anyone who likes to make buttons, make me a button for this challenge and email it to me at tokemise@hotmail.com, if I pick your idea you will win a prize and of course get all the credit for your wonderful design!

Any questions just ask, this is my first challenge so I might have forgotten some stuff.

Here is a list of just a few of the book titles I plan to read:

The Englishman's Daughter
The Heretic's Daughter
Daughter of York
The Hummingbird's Daughter
The Pirate's Daughter
The Apothecary's Daughter
Galileo's Daughter
The Florist's Daughter
Mozart's Daughter
The Gravedigger's Daughter
The Bone setter's Daughter
The Tsarina's Daughter
The Calligrapher's Daughter
The Concubine's Daughter
Her Mother's Daughter
The President's Daughter
Sand Daughter
Things I Want My Daughters to Know

See what I mean? I have a son too so maybe I'll do a "son" challenge if this one goes well.