Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge, Round 2

 January 1 - January 31, 2010

Carrie of Reading to Know is hosting the Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge again in 2010.  Here's what she says:

Last year I hosted the first L.M. Montgomery Reading Challenge during the month of January and I can hardly believe that it's time to announce Round 2. I'll be hosting it again this coming January and the rules will be the same as last year (which means, essentially, that there are no rules).

I like keeping it simple because everyone's schedules are so varied and some people might be interested in just picking up one book by Montgomery and others are interested in reading through a series. Last year, several of you made friends with Anne Shirley (my favorite female character of all times). Others of you read the Emily books and some of Montgomery's short stories. For my part, I spent the better part of the Challenge last year learning about Montgomery herself. This year I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with Montgomery's characters.

Here are the "Rules":

1. Pick the Montgomery book (or books!) that you most want to read and then read them during the first few weeks of January. I'll have a Mr. Linky up on January 1st through January 8th for you to link up to if you plan on participating in this challenge. All you need to have prepared on January 1st (or shortly thereafter) is a blog post pointing people back to the Mr. Linky post and challenge. In other words, create a blog post saying, "I'm in!" and link it up here. If you'd like to say which books of Montgomery's you plan on reading during the challenge, do so then! There are a great many to choose from.

2. Come back on Sunday, January 31, 2009 and link up however many Montgomery related reviews/posts you like.

3. Visit around and get to know the other people who are participating in the challenge and read about what books they've involved themselves with. Be friendly! =)

To join, go to Lucy Maud Montgomery Reading Challenge.