May 1st 2010-April 30th 2011
All Booked Up is once again hosting the Pre-Printing Press Challenge which started May 1st. Elena writes:
What I haven't seen is a challenge for reading books that pre-date the Printing Press. There's so many good pieces of writing that fit in this category (and I'm not asking you to read them in the original language unless you want to). So, for my first reading challenge, the pre-printing press challenge, I'm asking people to give these ancient and medieval books a try.The rules of the Pre-Printing Press Challenge:
- All books must have come out before 1440, when the printing press was first invented.
- Books chosen for this challenge can overlap with other challenges.
- Books can be translated into the language of your choice.
- All the books you've chosen must be read by April 30th 2011.
- You can read 1-3 books, 4-6 books, 7-9 books or 10 or more books if you're feeling particularly ambitious.
- The choice of books is up to you. There are no set reading lists, and you don't have to set one when you join.
- Post your blog address where you'll be posting your comments on your choice of books in the comments of the post about the challenge when you join, and indicate how many books you've chosen.