Saturday, June 19, 2010

Indigenous Literacy Reading Project

Perpetual Challenge - No Time Limit

Susan at Reading Upside Down is hosting a wonderful perpetual reading challenge to support the Indigenous Literary Project. She writes:

When I interviewed Australian Indigenous author Anita Heiss recently, she brought the Indigenous Literacy Project to my attention. I am hoping to help my children organise a Great Book Swap to benefit this organisation later this year, but I thought I might also start a reading challenge with the list of Indigenous books and authors offered in the ILP reading list.

Many of the books on the list are picture books or children’s books. Susan has the complete list on her challenge post, but you can also download a pdf list from the Indigenous Literacy Project website or follow this link for the Indigenous Literacy Project Reading Challenge spreadsheet.
Susan notes that this reading challenge is not affiliated with the Indigenous Literacy Project. The only association is the use of the ILP book list.
To learn more or sign up to participate, visit the post about the challenge.