January 1 - December 31, 2011
The Book Vixen is hosting the 2011 Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge. She writes:
My goal for 2010 was to read 100 books for the year. As of right now, it looks like I’m not going to make it. (Right now I’m at 67.) It does please me that I read more books this year than I did last year but I want to read more. My goal for 2011 will also be to read 100 books. I think there’s a little bit of self-competition in everyone. So I decided to turn this into a fun reading challenge. I want to read more books in 2011 than I did in 2010. Plain and simple. What about you – are you game?Guidelines:
- Books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count towards the challenge.
- You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
- The goal is to outdo yourself by reading more books in 2011 than you did in 2010.
- See the different levels below and pick the one that works best for you. Nothing is set in stone; you can change levels at any time during the challenge.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
- You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them. It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “Outdo Yourself Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on the wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011 on the Book Vixen's Blog
- Getting my heart rate up – Read 1–5 more books
- Out of breath – Read 6–10 more books
- Breaking a sweat – Read 11–15 more books
- I’m on fire! – Read 16+ more books