Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Pulitzer 1s Challenge

January 1 - Dec. 31, 2011

Melissa is hosting The Pulitzer 1s Challenge.  Here's what she says:

This idea for this challenge began to percolate in my head sometime in May. I was looking at my long-term challenges and lamenting the fact that it was going to take me a billion years to get through all the Pulitzer fiction winners. Then it hit me: why not read all the winners for the years ending in "0" in honor of 2010? Eight books seemed doable in one year, even though it was already May. And even if I didn't finish, at least I'd be a few steps closer to completing my long-term goal. The idea was born as my personal goal for the year.

For 2011, I'm reading all the fiction winners for the years ending in 1, and I'd love for you to join me!

Challenge rules: Super lenient! Audiobooks, ebooks, and overlaps with other challenges are accepted. The goal is simply to have all the Pulitzer fiction winners for the years ending in 1 read by the end of the year. So if you've already read a couple of the books before the challenge begins, fret not: you don't have to re-read them (unless you want to, of course). Fiction not your thing? Feel free to read all the general nonfiction, history, or auto/biography winners for the years ending in 1. 

To join, go to The Pulitzer 1s Challenge.