Monday, November 15, 2010

YA of the 80s and 90s Reading Challenge 2011


January 1 - December 31, 2011

The Book Vixen is hosting the YA of the 80s and 90s Reading Challenge for 2011. She writes:

I didn’t do a lot of reading when I was growing up. I read a few books here and there, most of which was required reading for school. Now that I am a bit of an avid reader, one who enjoys reading YA, I’d like to go back and see what I’ve missed out on. I want to read (or re-read) some books that were published when I was growing up in the 80s and 90s. I’m not sure if the Young Adult books back then were as good (or better) as the ones we have today but I’m about to find out. So what do you say – want to join me?
Other guidelines:
  • Books read prior to 1/1/11 do not count.
  • You can join at anytime. You can sign up on The Book Vixen’s blog.
  • Read as many YA books that were originally published in the 80s and 90s as your heart desires. The only requirement is that the book(s) have to have been first published sometime between 1980 – 1999.
  • Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
  • Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are fine.
  • You can list your books in advance or list them as you read them.
  • It is not required that you review the books you read for this challenge but feel free to do so.
  • You do not have to be a book blogger to participate. You can keep tabs on books you’ve read for this challenge on Goodreads or LibraryThing if you’d like (maybe make a shelf for “YA of the 80s and 90s Reading Challenge”). If you are not on either of those sites then you can list the books you read for this challenge in the comments on the wrap-up post, which will be up at the end of 2011 on The Book Vixen's blog.
Learn more and sign up (and get ideas for books), by visiting the post about the challenge.