Monday, January 17, 2011

The Classics 2011 Reading Challenge

January 1 - December 31, 2011

Kimberly's Cottage Bookshelf is hosting her version on The Classics Reading Challenge.  She writes:

I suppose it's my own academic background that has compelled me a great deal to challenge you to add a few of "The Classics" to your reading list this year. Now, I use the term "classics" rather broadly and this can include more contemporary classics as well such as The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood, The Color Purple by Alice Walker, or My Year of Meats by Ruth Ozeki. (Just to name a few of my personal favorites).  If you google "classic reading list" or "Top 100 Classic Literature" you'll find numerous listings of books as well. Or if you're interested in reading solely Classic Women's Literature, or even Children's Classics you can google that as well.  And I'm sure there's something for everyone's liking!

Rules: To read EIGHT (8) "Classic"  novels in 2011 (8  is the minimum but you can read more if you wish!)
 
You don't have to select your books ahead of time, you can just add them as you go. Also if you do list them upfront you can change them any time! The books you choose can crossover into other challenges you are participating in.

 
You can join anytime!



To join, go to The Classics Reading Challenge