January 31 - December 31, 2011
Elisabeth at YS Princess is hosting the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up Reading Challenge. She writes:
Do you want a chance to "advertise" your reviews/blog? Are you looking for some recommended essential reads? Do you want a chance to win prizes just for reading and reviewing books? Are you still a kid at heart or are you a parent or other adult who works with kids?The Rules:
In case you haven't already noticed, children's/YA books are my specialty, and sadly, when I was browsing this handy blog that has a compilation of reading challenges, I only came across maybe two that were specifically focused on children's books.
I did, however, notice the 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die reading challenge (based on the list found in the book 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die) on Catie's blog, Pub Writes.
I thought this was a pretty spiffy idea, and I just so happen to own 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Grow Up. So I'm taking Catie's idea (after adding my own personal touches to it) and running with it. May I present to you, my first attempt at ever hosting a reading challenge -
- Sign up anytime between January 31 and December 30 (2011) on the sign up page. Prize eligibility requires sign-up.
- The official start date for the challenge is January 31, 2011), but reviews done any time in 2011 are acceptable.
- Read and review as many books as you want from the 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Die list (If you do not already own or wish to purchase a copy of 1001 Children's Books You Must Read Before You Die but would still like to participate in this reading challenge, a complete list of the books can be found here on listology*).
- There will be a monthly link-up where you can link to each of your eligible reviews.
- There will be monthly giveaways for books - see the post about the challenge for details.
- Books from other Reading Challenges can cross-over, as long as they are from 2011.