Saturday, February 5, 2011

Classics Challenge 2011

January 1-December 31, 2011

Stiletto Story Time is hosting her own version of the Classics Challenge in 2011.  She writes:

Choosing my reading challenges for the year is always one of my favorite things to do. This year I really wanted to incorporate a challenge into my classical reading tastes. I love classic literature. I love discovering those classics that have gotten away from me or re-reading my favorites. It’s been a love of mine for almost as long as I have been reading. In college I chose to study English Literature and then moved on to get my Master’s in Library Science so that I could share my love of classics with others. So in that spirit I have decided to host my very first challenge.

The challenge is simple: Read classic literature. It can be from any period or genre you choose. The only rule is that it must in some way be considered a classic. What is a classic you ask? A classic to me is a book that has in some way become bigger than itself. It’s become part of culture, society or the bigger picture. It’s the book you know about even if you have not read it. It’s the book you feel like you should have read.

Levels
Student: Read any 5 Classic Books
Bachelor’s Degree: Read any 10 Classic Books
Master’s Degree: Read any 20 Classic Books
P.H.D.: Read any 40 Classic Books

To join, go to the Classics Challenge.