I had the idea to continue the work of this blog: http://bettysbookchats.blogspot.com, where basicaly, you could choose one of the books available and could sign up for chatting in a scheduled time.
So what I’m doing is: If you wanna read with me, you can sign up and we’ll chat about it! Or you can participate by leaving a comment if you can’t make it to the chat!
You can comment on the book of the week by reviewing it, talking about what you liked and/or didn’t like, discussing the characters, a scene you liked, talking about the author, quoting a few lines etc. And if you haven’t read the book, you can talk about if you’d like to read or not, your opinion of the book based on the blurb, or something like that. As long as it relates to the book, it’s very welcomed!
- Chats will be tuesdays at the time is most convenient for most readers!
- Sign-ups will be open until the day before the book chat.
- On the day before the chat, I will email all participants with the chat room link, password and time, so please remember to let me have your email address one way or another. You will not be able to receive the link and password if I don’t have your email address!!
- When you’ve gotten the link and the password, sign into the chat room on the designated time, and chat away!
- Please play nice. Be respectful to each other, and no personal insults to others or to their opinions.
- No SHOUTING. Using all CAPITAL LETTERS is considered shouting and is rude.
- Please stay on topic at all times. There’s plenty of time for you to socialize outside of the book chats. Don’t even talk about other books unless they relate to the current book being discussed.
- It will be helpful and make your discussions more satisfying if you prepared a short list of things that stood out to you in the book and that you want to talk about.
- Don’t be afraid to share. This is what the book chat is for, we want to know how the book affected you and what you got out of it.
- Have fun! Enjoy the chats!