Thursday, November 10, 2011

January -- Charles Dickens Month

image
January 2012
There is no amount of reading or required posting or mini-challenges and such.  I'm too busy and flighty to create a strict guidelines!  The premise is basic:  every Tuesday in January (there are 5 Tuesdays) post something about Charles Dickens.  It can be a book, short story, or film review.  It could be about his life.  It could even merely relate to his time period.  Basically just have something relevant about Charles Dickens in your blog post (heck, it could even be a rant about how much you hate Charles Dickens).  On his birthday, Tuesday 02/07 there will be a big wrap-up! 
Every Tuesday I'll have my weekly Charles Dickens post and I'll provide a Mr. Linky so you can link your post.  Here is the cool part:  Every time you post to the Mr. Linky you'll be entered in my Charles Dickens giveaway!!!  After February 7th,  I'll randomly draw a winner and you will get a Dickensian-themed prize.  Depending on my finances we may have a couple of winners.  The only stipulation is that your blog posts MUST actually be related to Charles Dickens.  More on the giveaway at a later date.  I have several ideas in mind.  To break it down simply, if you post each of the 5 Tuesdays in January and the Tuesday in February you will be entered into the drawing 6 times.  If you blog about Ol' Charlie more and add it to the Mr. Linky then you will be entered into my giveaway for each additional post.  February 7th is the cut-off day for eligibility in the drawing. 
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.