Sunday, December 11, 2011

Read Canadian Award Winners 2012 Challenge

Canadianstamp1copy


January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012


I’ve been trying to incorporate more Canadian writing into my 2012 reading list so I’ve decided to spotlight winners of Canadian literary prize.
I’ve chosen what I think are the most heralded of Canadian book nonours: the Governor-General’s Award for Literature and theGiller Prize. Because the Giller hasn’t been around all that long, I’ve added in the prestigiousCanadian Authors’ Association Literary Award. I’ve picked the main fiction category in all of those.

In addition, the Amazon.ca (formerly Books in Canada) First Novel Award is widely-known and, over the years, has brought to the forefront many who have become major players in Canadian literature.
Finally, I can’t host this challenge and not promote my adopted home, Nova Scotia, so I’m also drawing attention to the Atlantic Book Awards’ Thomas Head Raddall Atlantic Fiction Prize.

Here’s the scoop on the ways you can enter:
Toe-dipper: one book from the list of award winners of each of “main” prizes: the Governor-General’s Award, the Giller Prize, and the CAA Prize. (Total 3 books)
Chance-taker: one book from each of the “main” lists plus one from the Amazon.ca First Novel Award winners. (Total 4 books)
Bluenoser: One book from each of the “main” lists plus one from the Atlantic Book Award winners. (Total 4 books)
CanLit Lover: one book from each of the five lists. (Total 5 books)
Here’s a list of the prize winners:
Governor-General’s Award for Literature
Canadian Authors Association Award for Fiction
Giller Prize
Amazon.ca First Novel Award
Thomas Head Raddall Atlantic Fiction Prize

Sign up here with Mr. Linky


For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.