Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2012 A to Z Reading Challenge

January 1, 2012 – December 31, 2012


 

Hello Fellow Bookworms! So 2012 is getting closer and closer and it's around the time to start thinking about Reading Challenges for the coming year. This year, I've decided it might be fun to host one so I am. So without further ado, I present to you the A to Z Reading Challenge!

I think it is time for a little Q&A don't you think?

So what does this A to Z Reading Challenge entail?
The A to Z Reading Challenge, which shall henceforth be known as AZRC, challenges you to read and review one book starting with every letter of the alphabet. There are three possible challenges you can partake in.

1. Author - A to Z by authors last name, 26 books.
2. Title - A to Z by book title, 26 books.
3. Double Whammy - Do both Challenge 1 and 2 for a total 52 books.

Note: There is no option to do some by author and some by title and read only 26 books.

Deadlines?
The deadline to register is May 31, 2012

What books count towards this challenge?
Anything you want. Well not anything. It has to be a book. You can count books you are reading for other challenges if you would like and rereads are perfectly fine. The only thing is you have to have read the book between January 1,2012 and December 31, 2012. Part of this challenge is also reviewing the books and if you finished a book on December 31, you probably aren't going to review it that night. So the deadline for reviews is January 31, 2013.
And to reiterate, for books read, it only counts through the December 31.

Why should I partake in this?
Because you love me? Shouldn't that be enough. Just kidding. It should be really fun. The plan is to have fun fun activities every other week. (52 weeks in the year, 52/2 = 26, 26 letters in the alphabet. you get it). I'm going to start planning these really soon. THERE COULD BE MINI CHALLENGES INVOLVED! THERE COULD BE GIVEAWAYS! THERE COULD BE DISCUSSIONS! THERE COULD BE ALL THREE! I'll keep you posted I promise. And the best part for the giveaways that will happen, you are automatically get one entry JUST for participating.

I have an idea! Can I contribute?
YES! ABSOLUTELY YES! 26 events over the year is a lot to wrap my brain around and I definitely can't do it alone. So if you have any ideas at all, for now just email me at strawberryAvalancheReviews(at)gmail(dot)com and we'll talk. Later on, I'll have forms up for more specific things I need from you guys.
Oh and if you an author and have a book coming out in 2012 and you want to represent its first letter or the first letter of your last name, email me!!


For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.