April 1, 2012 – April 8, 2012
In April, I'll be hosting a special event. I'm asking you to join me in reading the New Testament the week before Easter. I'm asking you to set aside time during the week of April 1-8 to read the New Testament.
Does it have to be the whole New Testament?
My goal is to read the entire New Testament this week. But that does NOT have to be your goal. You can set your own goals. Your goal might be to read one gospel and a letter or two. Read 27 books, read 3 books. Just read something.
- You may read from any translation of the Bible.
- You may switch translations throughout the week, if you want.
- You may use a text-only Bible, or a study Bible.
- You may use an audio bible, an e-Bible, or an online Bible.
- You may read the books in ANY order.
- If you would like to follow an exact plan, you may. Here is one I found to do the New Testament in a week.
- You may reread certain books if you would like to take some time to meditate on what you're reading.
- If you finish reading the New Testament early, consider reading Psalm 119, Psalm 22, Psalms 113-118, Exodus 12, Isaiah 40-66.
- No blog is required, but you may blog your progress if you like.
I wanted to announce this early so you'd have time to think about it, to plan for it. If you are interested leave a comment. You can sign up now if you like. But you don't have to commit just yet.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.