Sunday, January 22, 2012

Read-A-Phrase Challenge

 
 
 
January 1, 2012 – December 1, 2012


Rules (such as they are):

--As the name of the challenge implies, your choice must be a phrase.(Phrase=A sequence of words intended to have meaning.)

I’m going to use the title of this challenge as my phrase this time. That makes 20 books for me to read.

--Any genre of fiction is allowed. Either print or ebooks. Any release date. The only two conditions are that you haven’t read the book before(this will help that TBR mountain I know you all have), and it should be at least 100 pages.

--You don’t have to select your books ahead of time. Even if you do, you can change your books as you go. Your books can crossover with other challenges.

--To join in, sign up with Mr. Linky below. (still trying to figure out how to do that one). For bloggers, please use a link to the post where you will be keeping track of the challenge. If you aren't a blogger, just add a comment with the phrase you plan to use.(finally figured out how to enable comments on this page)
--Reviews are not required, but if you want to do one and share the link with us, go for it.

--Challenge runs from January 1, 2012 - December 1, 2012

The reason I’m ending the challenge on Dec. 1st is so that I have time to send out the prize in time for the winner to receive it by Christmas.

Yes, I said prize. Anyone who signs up for the challenge by June 25, 2012(my birthday), chooses a phrase that is at least 10 letters long(not counting any spaces), and completes the challenge by Dec. 1st, will go into a drawing. The winner will be allowed to pick five books off a list I will be providing. I will get them shipped in time for the winner to have them as a Christmas gift. Sorry, US addresses only for this prize. I’m also thinking about a prize for the longest phrase completed.



For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.