January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
In 2013, I plan to always have a book related to France on my currently-reading list. So in case you would like to read a few books related to France, here are the details:
Any book related to France:
- it can be set in France,
- written by a French author,
- written in French (not Canadian French),
- about a French theme: French cuisine (how the French influenced American cuisine is accepted for instance), French fashion, etc.
You can contact me if you are looking for titles. If you are a Goodreads member, you can access my France shelf.
All the genres are accepted:
- historical fiction
- mystery, etc.
All medias are accepted:
- graphic (novel or non-fiction)
HOW MANY BOOKS?
- LEVEL 1, “un peu” = 3 books (one per quarter for instance)
- LEVEL 2, “beaucoup”= 6 books
- LEVEL 3, “passionnément” = 12 books (one/month, for instance)
- LEVEL 4, “à la folie”= 52 books (one/week, for instance)
Just an explanation on the 4 levels:
In France, we have a silly funny game:
when girls tell fortunes by pulling the petals off daisies, they say for instance, il m’aime un peu, beaucoup, passionnément, à la folie. What comes up on the last petal is supposed to reveal to what degree the boyfriend loves them!
This reading challenge is hosted by Words and Peace. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.