November 1st – 30th 2012
A short update on the event I’m hosting at The Classics Club in November. I’ve been terribly unorganized with this thing, changing my mind about the details at least twenty times over the past month or so. But here it is, in its final form, more or less:
Novel Readalong (the first two are my personal choices, which you’re welcome to read along with, but really, anything Russian is fine)
- Option 1: Bulgakov’s The Master and Margarita
- Option 2: Dead Souls by Gogol (accompanied by Vladimir Nabokov’s biography, ‘Nikolai Gogol’)
- Option 3: Any work of Russian literature. The whole point is to read Russian literature, lots of it, all month long! :)
Short Story week: a week dedicated solely to the reading of Russian short story classics (mid-late 19th century to Soviet era). I will be posting link to online stories and also providing title suggestions. Highly recommend the Penguin edition of Russian Short Stories from Pushkin to Buida (which you can get here).
- 1 Nov – 10 Nov: The Master and Margarita, Bulgakov
- 12 Nov to 18 Nov: Short Story week
- 11-30 Nov: Dead Souls, Gogol and ‘Nikolai Gogol‘ by Nabokov
There’s not going to be any Mister Linky, so this is pretty much the sign-up post. Comment below (with any titles you’re thinking of reading) if you’d like to participate!
This reading event is hosted by Tuesday in Silhouette. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.