January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
Hello fellow lovers of all things fairytales! I've loved hosting this challenge in 2012, so I'm proud to announce that the Telling Tales Challenge will be back in 2013! If you participated in 2012 and want to again, we'll be glad to have you, ditto if you didn't, or if (like me) you signed up and then spectacularly failed in your aims!
Here are the rules:
- The challenge runs from January 1st, 2013 to December 31st, 2013. You can sign up at any point throughout the year.
- Again, any genre counts as long as it is in some way related to fairytale and/or mythology. Once again, if you are unsure, as long as you can make an argument for its' inclusion, it counts!
- Re-reads count, and you are more than welcome to overlap books with other challenges.
- Please leave me your email address in the comments if you want to participate (I promise not to harass you, it's just so that people get a reminder every now and again about the monthly link ups, and also so I can contact you for competitions etc.).
- Please link up your reviews every month in the posts which will go up on this blog.
- In your sign up post, please indicate the level you aim to complete. You are entirely welcome to change this as the year progresses. You can make your lists beforehand, or as you go. Whichever you prefer!
- When you sign up, please leave the link to your sign up post, rather than just to your blog in general.
- You don't have to have a blog to participate - you can review on Goodreads, Amazon, wherever, just let me know where you will be reviewing!
The levels are as follows:
Pixie - read 2 books
Troll under the Bridge - read 5 books
Princess - read 10 books
Prince Charming - read 15 books
Evil Queen - read 20 books
Dragon - read 30 books
King/Queen of the Silver Screen - read any number of books and watch the film adaptations.
It would also be great to spread the word a little about other fairytale challenges and blogs or website based around the theme, so if you have any feel free to let me know and I'll add them in here. So far the only challenge I've found is the Fairytales Retold Challenge. Then there's Sur la Lune Fairytales Blog which is great for upcoming releases of books and movies. That's pretty much it for now!
If you'd like some inspiration on where to begin, the list of books read for the challenge in 2012 is here.
This reading challenge is hosted by An Armchair by the Sea. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.