January 1, 2013 – December 31, 2013
- This challenge will run from Jan 1, 2013 - Dec 31, 2013. I will be posting a place to link up a sign-up post (below), reviews and a wrap-up post. (Note: You do not have to review the books to participate, but only those who link up reviews will be entered for the prize)
- Grab the reading challenge button (code & button below) and post this reading challenge on your blog to track your progress. Please include a link back to this sign-up post so others can join the reading challenge too. You do not have to be a book blogger to participate- you could track your progress and post reviews on Goodreads, Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, etc..
- Any full length book that includes a witch as a main character or major witchcraft elements counts. They may be fiction or non-fiction. However, they should not be reference books which are not read cover to cover-I will leave this to your discretion.
- Books can be any format (bound, eBook, audio).
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You can list your books in advance or just put them in a wrap-up post. If you list them, feel free to change them as the mood takes you.
- When you sign up in the linky put the direct link to your post about joining the 2013 Witches & Witchcraft Reading Challenge.
- You can move up levels, but no moving down.
- Sign-ups will be open until Dec 15, 2013, so feel free to join at any time throughout the year.
- Have some Witchy Good Fun !!!
Initiate: Read 1 - 5 Witchy Books
Maiden: Read 6 - 10 Witchy Books
Mother: Read 11 - 15 Witchy Books
Crone: Read 16 - 20 Witchy Books
Some book suggestions to get you started (for series' I've just listed the 1st):
(Most of these I have not read and am not recommending-just sharing the list of books that I will be looking into and considering for the challenge! Please feel free to add your suggestions in the comments and I'll add them to the list!)
Practical Magic - Alice Hoffman
Garden Spells - Sarah Addison Allen
Casting Spells (Sugar Maple, #1)- Barbara Bretton
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) - Deborah Harkness
The Trouble With Magic (Bewitching Mysteries, No. 1) - Madeline Alt
The Book of Shadows (Herculine #1) - James Reese
New England Witch Chronicles - Chelsea Bellingeri
The Near Witch – Victoria Schwab
The Witches of East End (The Beauchamp Family, #1)– Melissa de la Cruz
Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles, #1)- Jessica Spotswood
Witchlanders by Lena Coakley
Second Hand Spirits (A Witchcraft Mystery, #1)- Juliet Blackwell
It Takes a Witch (A Wishcraft Mystery #1)- Heather Blake
Once a Witch (Witch #1) - Carolyn MacCullough
Book of Shadows (Wicca, #1) - Cate Tiernan
Random Magic - Sasha SorenWitch Way to Murder (Ophelia & Abby, #1) - Shirley Damsgaard
Hex Hall (Hex Hall #1) - Rachel Hawkins
The Witching Hour (Lives of the Mayfair Witches #1) - Anne Rice
The Night Strangers - Chris Bohjalian
Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins #1) - HP Mallory
Dead Witch Walking (The Hollows #1) - Kim Harrison
A Witch in Winter - Ruth Warburton
Jinx - Meg Cabot
Would-Be Witch (Southern Witch #1) - Kimberly Frost
Girl's Guide to Witchcraft (Jane Madison #1) - Mindy Klasky
50 Ways to Hex Your Lover (Jazz Tremaine #1) - Linda Wisdom
The Heretic's Daughter - Kathleen Kent
Entangled - Nikki Jefford
Crushed (The Witch-Game #1) - KC Blake
Witch Hunt (The Witch-Game #2) - KC Blake
Bucklands's Complete Book of Witchcraft - Raymond Buckland
Drawing Down the Moon - Margot Adler
Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner - Scott Cunningham
Natural Witchery: Intuitive, Personal & Practical Magick - Ellen Dugan
Magick in Theory and Practice - Aleister Crowley
The Spiral Dance – Starhawk
The Golden Bough - James Frazer
A Witch’s Bible: the Complete Witch’s Handbook - Janet & Stewart Farrar
Wheel of the Year: Living the Magical Life - Pauline Campanelli
Witch Crafting - Phyllis Curott
Witchcraft Today - Gerald Gardner
A History of Witchcraft - Jeffrey Russell
Witchy book of choice up to $10 from The Book Depository!
Participants who have officially signed up by linking up a sign-up post declaring their level will be given one entry for every review they link up. The more reviews you write and link up, the more entries in the contest! An additional entry will be given to any who complete or exceed their challenge level! Winner will be chosen on Jan 11th 2014 to give everyone a chance to link up their end of year reviews.
This reading challenge is hosted by Melissa’s Eclectic Bookshelf. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.