We're baaaack! If you don't already know, "we" is Hafsah from IceyBooks and myself, ready to host the better than ever Standalone Reading Challenge 2013 edition. Welcome back to all of last year's participants, whether you failed or succeeded (congratulations!) it doesn't matter to us - we're glad that you're ready to try again. For those of you who did not participate last year, well there's a brand new year coming up and it wants YOU to participate.
Read 15 Young Adult or Middle Grade standalone novels in 2013 that are released in the United States between January 1s - December 31, 2013.Eligible Books
- YA & Middle Grade standalone novels. This means that the book can not have an announced (sometimes sequels happen unexpectedly) sequel, prequel, follow up, etc. Adult novels and picture books do not count.
- This year companion novels count towards the challenge. Companion novels take place in the same world and time as a novel but usually follow a different character. It can be read independently from the book that came before it.
- Released between January 1 - Decemeber 31, 2013 in the United States. If a book was previously released in another country but is being releasing in the US for the first time, it is eligible. At the same time, if you live in a country where it was previously released, but it is being released in the states for the first time - lucky you- it counts.
- Must be read in 2013 (If you have an ARC and read it in 2012, it does not count)
- Can be read in any (legally) readable format: ARC, Paperback, Hardcover or e-book
- Audio books do not count towards the challenge.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.