Thursday, December 20, 2012

The 2013 Classics Catch-Up Challenge

Classics Challenge
January – December 2013
Quirky Bookworm says:
Remember how I was going to read six classics in 2012? But I only read four?
Well this year I'm making it public. I'm announcing the six books I'm gonna read. And, I'm inviting you to join me!
To make it more challenging, I'm gonna add a second or third option each time, and see if maybe, just maybe, I can read 13 classics in 2013!
All you have to do to enter in my challenge is put your info in the GoogleDoc below (because it feels much more official if you're putting your name to it!), and then read along with me. Every two months I'll have a little link-up/series of questions about the current book(s) for you to participate in.
Below are the six classics that I've never read (the ones in bold - and yes, I'm totally embarrassed to be admitting this). The other titles I've read before, but it's been years. Re-reading participation is absolutely welcome, you just have to be willing to actually re-read the WHOLE thing, and participate in the link-ups. Scouts honor!
January-February
  Anna Karenina
  Wuthering Heights
March- April
  Macbeth
  Hamlet
  Othello
May-June
Madame Bovary
  Catch-22
July-August
  Of Mice and Men
  Robinson Crusoe
September-October
  Don Quixote
  My Antonia
November-December
  Animal Farm
  A Tale of Two Cities
Here are the challenge levels: 0-4 Freshman
(Sorry, I got bored.)
5-8 Sophomore
(Hooray! I feel more well-rounded.)
9-11 Junior
(Enter me to win a $25 Amazon gift card.)
12-13 Senior
(I'm awesome! I want that gift card, plus a free book.)
Yup, at the end of 2013, if you've read/participated for at least 9 out of the 13 classics, I'll automatically enter you in a drawing to win a $25 Amazon gift card! 
 
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.