January 1, 2013-December 31, 2013
* any crafty related fiction book counts, whether it’s quilting, knitting, crocheting, sewing, embroidery, scrapbooking, etc.
* pattern books for the most part, are excluded, with a few exceptions: books by Elizabeth Zimmermann that are very chatty & contain stories, not just patterns, will count IF you read cover to cover. I won’t be policing you, so use your own judgment.
* non fiction craft books, such as “Crochet Saved My Life” are included (haven’t picked up the book yet? Go to https://www.createspace.com/3928868 and plug in coupon code 76K89G9K for 20% off). Thank you, Kathryn!
* any format is fine: ebook, print book, audio book, reread
* yes, you can also cross over to other challenges, if you like
* reviews are not necessary, but would be very nice for the authors (on your blog, on goodreads or amazon, wherever)
* I’ve started adding a list of crafty books that count for this challenge
If you are a blogger, please write up a blog post talking about the challenge, include the button or header graphic I made above (I’m sorry, I don’t know how to do the fancy code so you can just grab it) and link to this post at http://anastaciaknits.net/2013/01/12/crafty-book-challenge/ so that others can find out about this challenge & join in! When writing up your post, please be sure to tell us how many books you want to try to read!
Non-bloggers, you can join in by commenting on your goals!
I am planning on reading 7 books this year – the only one I know I’ll read for sure is Crochet Saved My Life.
For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.