October 1, 2013 – October 31, 2013
Welcome to the sign-ups for the third annual Spooktacular Paranormal Reading Challenge! I can't believe this is the third year, you guys. The first year was a huge success, and last year was decent, but I'm hoping to get a turn-out like we did in 2011 because I was blown away by the number of people who participated. This year I'm going to make the rules a bit simpler, so hopefully more people will want to participate.
Here’s the deal: since Halloween is my favourite holiday, I decided the entire month of October should be dedicated to all things paranormal, and I also decided I wanted to include the blogosphere. For the last two years, the challenge has been to read a minimum of three books between October 1st and 31st, and I think maybe that's where things went wrong last year. Most bloggers have so many review books and such a tight reading schedule that fitting three books in, especially if it's not a genre you normally read, can be hard. So this year, I'm mixing things up a bit...
- Read and review at least one (1) paranormal** book. Reviews must be posted for the first time between October 1st and 31st, 2013. Something else that's different this year: since the sign-ups go up September 1st, you can start reading any time you want, as long as the reviews you submit are posted after October 1st. So go ahead and get a head start! This means the challenge technically runs for 2 months, but only reviews posted between October 1st and 31st will count toward the challenge giveaway.
- You don’t have to have a blog to participate, as long as you can post your reviews somewhere (GoodReads, Amazon, etc) and link to them.
- For every paranormal book you read, review, and link up in the month of October, you’ll be entered in a giveaway to win the paranormal book of your choice up to $15 USD (or if you can find two books that come to $15 or less, that's fine too!). To be eligible for the giveaway, you must review at least one book during October. Each review is an entry in the giveaway, so the more you read, the more chances you have to win.
- The link-up in this post is just for sign ups. I’ll be posting a separate link-up for reviews on the 1st of October.
- Ebooks and audiobooks count. Adult and young adult books count. If this challenge crosses over into other challenges you're doing, that’s fine with me.
**PARANORMAL: Same as the last two years, I’m using a very loose interpretation of ‘paranormal’. It can be paranormal, fantasy, urban fantasy - basically any ‘creature’ or ‘otherworldly’ book counts - vampires, werewolves, faeries, shape shifters, zombies, angels, demons, mermaids, dragons, witches/wizards/sorcerers, trolls, sirens, banshees, etc.
This reading challenge is hosted by Ramblings of a Daydreamer. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.