November 22, 2013 – January 6, 2014
It's time! The 5th year of the Christmas Spirit Reading Challenge! Like last year, there are multiple levels for participation, like children's books and watching Christmas movies...and I have an extra special twist this year...so read on!
Details and sign up:
--Candy Cane: read 1 book
- challenge will run from Friday, November 22, 2013 through Monday, January 6, 2014 (Twelfth Night or Epiphany).
- cross over with other challenges is totally permitted AND encouraged!
- These must be Christmas novels, books about Christmas lore, a book of Christmas short stories or poems, books about Christmas crafts, and for the first time...a children's Christmas books level!
--Mistletoe: read 2-4 books
--Christmas Tree: read 5 or 6 books (this is the fanatic level...LOL!)
--Fa La La La Films: watch a bunch or a few Christmas movies...it's up to you!
--Visions of Sugar Plums: read books with your children this season and share what you read
*the additional levels are optional, you still must complete one of the main reading levels above
- New this year! It's the Christmas Spirit Read-a-Thon to kick us off the weekend of Friday, November 22 through Sunday, November 24! Details and sign-up for the read-a-thon are over at my read-a-thon blog, Seasons of Reading, HERE.
- the most important rule? Have fun!!!
- I will have a review linky posted as a page the day the challenge starts. You will find it at the top of the left sidebar.
- Sign up in the linky below (link to your post with your reading list...you can change up your list during the challenge...I just want to be able to stop by to welcome you and see what you plan to read).
One final note: I am going to do a giveaway of one mystery box of Christmas books to participants in the U.S. I will also pick an International winner who will win $5.00 to spend at Amazon.
I hope you will join me!
This reading challenge is hosted by The Christmas Spirit. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.