Sunday, November 3, 2013

Read-Along: Wilkie in Winter

December 21, 2013 – February 24, 2014


My first novel by Wilkie Collins was The Moonstone. I was absolutely enamored with this Victorian mystery and I soon followed up this read with The Woman in White and Armadale. Since that time I’ve read some stories by Collins and several more of this novels. To say he is a favorite is an understatement.

When I had a hunkering for a winter crawl through a delightful and thick Victorian novel I knew that it would have to be Wilkie Collins. Please, give me Wilkie in Winter. Luckily, two other bookish ladies Heather at Capricious Reader and Andi at Estella’s Revenge agreed. Hence the Estella Society presents Wilkie in Winter!

Join us for two group reads:

The Frozen Deep is a play by Wilkie Collins that concerns the discovery of the Northwest Passage. This read will run from 12/21/13 -01/07/14.

We’ll follow up with a reading of The Woman in White from 01/13/2014 – 02/24/2013. I’ve read this book before and it is a treat filled with mystery.  We’ll be dividing the book into thirds (most editions have the book divided into three Epochs) with discussions on 01/27, 02/10, and 02/24.

Won’t you join us? Feel free to pick-up other novels by Wilkie Collins and let us know what you’ll be reading.

Keep track of us on Twitter with #wilkiewinter.



This reading challenge is hosted by Fig and Thistle / Estella Society. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.