January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
As many of you joined this Challenge in 2013, I decided to organize it again in 2014.
I added a 5 levels this year, to have a middle level between 12 and 52 books:
Any book related to France:
- it can be set in France,
- written by a French author,
- written in French (not Canadian French), by authors from any country
- about a French theme: French cuisine (how the French influenced American cuisine is accepted for instance), French fashion, etc.
- it can be a book you read also for another challenge
You can contact me if you are looking for titles.
You can find great ideas here:
Here is my own list for 2014
Here is my list for 2013.
Books read by bloggers who did this challenge in 2013
You can find also great titles on France Book Tours – all the books there fit this challenge!
If you are a Goodreads member, you can access my France shelf.
All the genres are accepted:
- historical fiction
- mystery, etc.
All medias are accepted:
- graphic (novel or non-fiction)
HOW MANY BOOKS?
- LEVEL 1, “un peu” = 3 books (one per quarter for instance)
- LEVEL 2, “beaucoup”= 6 books
- LEVEL 3, “passionnément” = 12 books (one/month, for instance)
- LEVEL 4, “doublement passionément” = 24 books (two books/month, for instance)
- LEVEL 4, “à la folie”= 52 books (one/week, for instance)
Just an explanation on the 5 levels:
In France, we have a silly funny game:
when girls tell fortunes by pulling the petals off daisies, they say for instance, il m’aime un peu, beaucoup, passionnément, à la folie. What comes up on the last petal is supposed to reveal to what degree the boyfriend loves a girl: a bit, a lot, passionately, or he is maddeningly in love with her!
NB: the level 4 name is not part of that game, I added it for the sake fr this challenge.
AND THERE WILL BE A GIVEAWAY
AT THE END OF 2014:
BE SURE TO FINISH YOUR CHALLENGE
TO GET A CHANCE TO WIN 1 BOOK!
This reading challenge event is hosted by Words And Peace. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.