Wednesday, January 15, 2014

2014 Guilty Reads and Guilty Reviews

January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014


THE GUILTY READS...

There is a number of books I feel guilty about. Some of them are presents I received years ago, that aren't really my type - and I'm freaking out every time I see the person who gave them to me, waiting for the "Did you like it?" I feel guilty of having prejudice about books and authors I've never tried. And all those classics I've never checked - aww the lingering guilt of being a bad reader!Books I've started but never finished. And that time I spent so much on that hardcover beauty, but still haven't opened it?

Ok, you get the picture. This how the Guilty challenge was born.

Rules (sort of):

  • to become more guilty-free by the end of the year! It's on you to decide which books make you feel guilty and why.
  • all books finished in 2014 count - it doesn't matter when it was started! If you feel guilty for the book that you dropped just few chapters before the end, now is the time to pick it!
  • no need to review for this challenge. After all, it would be pointless to finally read your guilty books and then feel guilty for the reviews you have to write. If you do, however, write some, you're more than welcome to share!
  • no need of pre-made lists. But when you wrap up, a list of titles and some kind of note why the book made you feel guilty would be nice.
  • all kind of formats (ebook, audio...) and lengths (short story, novella, poetry...)
  • no need to have a blog to participate. You can link to any other profile where you will be keeping track. If you don't have such thing, you can just sign up and track your progress in the comments here. If you make a sign up post (which would be very appreciated, let's spread the love! and the guilt!) grab the button and scroll down for the linky gadget :)
  • crossovers with other challenges are more than welcome! 
  • You can pick one of the levels, or create your custom one  to fit you

Levels:
Guilty-free like an Angel - 1-5 books/reviews

I am but a Human - 5-10 book/reviews

My list of sins (and books) is long - 10-20 books/reviews

 

And now for Guilty Read's cousin....

The Guilty Reviews:
Apart from feeling guilty about the books I haven't read yet, I am the same about reviews. I always fail to review all the books I had plans to. So this challenge is for the reviews - and not only for the books sent for a review, but all the books you wanted to share you opinion on, but kind of... let them slip away.
Rules:

  • all books reviewed in 2014 count. Especially if for some reason you felt guilty about not reviewing them or slowing down
  • it doesn't matter when the book was read - started or finished! Maybe you read it years ago, maybe before even having a blog, and you never had the time to show that precious book to your new awesome readers. Do it! Now is the time! You have a challenge to fit it in!
  • all kind of book formats and lengths
  • err.. yeah, reviews are needed for this one. It doesn't have to be super long tho
  • Crossovers! I love crossovers! Don't you too? You can even crossover the two guilty challenges! 
  • levels here are the same as the Guilty Reads

This reading challenge is hosted by bla bla bla books. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.