January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
It is my understanding that some of the characters from the Darkest Powers and Darkness Rising series will come together in a third trilogy to be released after all the Darkness Rising books are published.
The books in the Darkest Powers series by Kelley Armstrong are:
- Kat (Book #0.01) [you can read it on Armstrong's website HERE]
- Hunting Kat (Book #0.02)
- The Summoning (Book #1)
- The Awakening (Book #2)
- Darkest Powers Bonus Pack: Contains Dangerous (prequel to The Summoning, Book #0.5), Divided (set between The Summoning and The Awakening, Book #1.5), and Disenchanted (overlaps part of The Awakening, told from Tori's point of view, Book #2.5)
- The Reckoning (Book #3)
- Belonging (Book #3.5) [you can read it on Armstrong's website HERE]
- Facing Facts (Book #3.6)
The books in the sequel series, Darkness Rising, by Kelley Armstrong are:
- The Gathering (Book #1)
- The New Guy: Gathering Bonus Short (Book #1.1) [you can read it on Armstrong's website HERE]
- The Invitation: Gathering Bonus Short (Book #1.2) [you can read it on Armstrong's website HERE]
- The Calling (Book #2)
- The Rising (Book #3)
Please read below for the challenge guidelines:
2014 Kelley Armstrong YA Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014. As challenge host, I reserve the right to extend the challenge period!
2. You can join the challenge at any time. All books read during the challenge period count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks (unabridged only).
6. There are three levels for the challenge:
a. Just A Taste: Read 1-4 Armstrong YA books.
b. Halfway There: Read 5-9 Armstrong YA books.
c. All The Way: Read 10-13 Armstrong YA books.
7. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up, but you cannot go down!
8. There will be a link-up for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS page.
9. There will be a link for your wrap-up post at the end of the challenge, which will be posted on THIS page.
10. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
11. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Copy and paste this HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar: <a href="http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.ca/2012/04/kelley-armstrong-ya-challenge.html"><img alt="2014 Kelley Armstrong YA Challenge" src="http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-okPENrBLdW4/UtX5ovGWn7I/AAAAAAAAAfw/6KGo-zgz7K0/s400/2014+Kelley+Armstrong+YA+Challenge.jpg" width="190" /></a>
This reading challenge is hosted by Darlene's Book Nook. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.