January 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014
There are a couple of other challenges involving "mammoth-size" books, but I could not find any other challenge that allowed audiobooks. So, I created my own challenge!
Please read below for the challenge guidelines, because mine is a little different than what is out there!
2014 Mammoth Book Challenge
Here are the challenge details:
1. This challenge will run from January 1, 2014 to December 31, 2014.
2. You can join the challenge at any time. All books read in 2014 count for the challenge, regardless of when you sign up.
3. This challenge can cross-over to your other reading challenges.
4. You do not need a blog to participate! If you are not a blogger, you can post your reviews at Goodreads, Shelfari, or LibraryThing and link them up here.
5. All formats of books are acceptable: Bound copies, e-books, and audiobooks as long as they meet the guidelines of Point #6 below!
6. Important Information About E-books and Audiobooks: If you are using an e-book or audiobook for the challenge, the bound format equivalent must be a minimum of 450 pages. Only unabridged audiobooks will count!
7. Both adult and children's literature are allowed: As long as it meets the minimum page count of 450 pages.
8. About large-print books:Same rules apply as noted in Point #6. As long as the regular-bound format equivalent is a minimum of 450 pages, this format will count.
9. No anthologies, short story collections, or poetry: Just novels.
10. There are four levels for the challenge:
a. Walrus: Read 3 mammoth-sized books.
b. Hippopotamus: Read 6 mammoth-sized books.
c. White Rhinoceros: Read 9 mammoth-sized books.
d. African Elephant: Read 12 or more mammoth-sized books.
11. When you write your sign-up post, you must choose your level. You can go up, but you cannot go down!
12. There will be a link-up for your reviews, which will be posted on THIS page.
13. There will be a link for your wrap-up post at the end of the year.
14. Create a sign-up post and link back to this post. Sign up with Mister Linky below! Be sure to use the direct url to your sign-up post and not the url to your blog.
15. Grab the challenge button and post it in your sidebar. Copy and paste this HTML code into an HTML gadget for your sidebar:<a href="http://darlenesbooknook.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-mammoth-book-challenge.html"><img alt="2014 Mammoth Book Challenge" src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XE9jz1-FhAg/UtSwG5EWcVI/AAAAAAAAVDg/GA46ATULtZA/s320/2014+Mammoth+Book+Challenge.jpg" width="190" /></a>
This reading challenge is hosted by Darlene's Book Nook. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.