January 6, 2014 – February 10, 2014
Yep! You read that correctly! A Vampire Academy Read-Along! Why, you ask? Well, for one it's the first book in one of my absolute favorite book series. Another reason is that it has been two years since I read the book and with the movie coming out in theaters on February 14th I really want to refresh my memory of the events that happen and of course all the feels so that I can compare it to the movie.
I've heard both good and bad about the trailer but I personally think that it looks really good!! It definitely shows the different sides of the book: the humor, the darkness, the romance.. all of it, which the first trailer didn't do. But I am so excited to see it! Of course with any book-turned-movie I'm a little nervous about it, but I read this review from Dhampir Life (who got a chance to see a private screening of the unfinished version) and they loved it, saying that it was "everything [they] had expected and more". After reading that I'm a lot less worried.
With that being said, I would like to invite you to join me in reading the first book in the series: Vampire Academy. This is the perfect opportunity for those of you who haven't read it to finally pick it up and see what all the fuss is about!
Here are a few things you should know about this read-along:
- I will be summarizing each chapter, so if you haven't read the book (and you don't want to join the read-along) and you don't want to be spoiled then I wouldn't read my summary posts. Unless you're joining in that is! Or you just want to get a general idea without reading the actual book.
- I set the dates so that the summary posts will be up during the week days. So that means that every day Monday through Friday from January 6th through February 10th there will be a new summary post up on the blog.
- I do plan on posting a linky each week so that if you've joined the read-along you can add your own post to the mix. This post can be your thoughts on the chapter, a summary, whatever you like! However, this isn't mandatory.
- If you plan on joining the read-along, please add yourself to the linky below! I would love to have people join me in (re)reading this awesome book and have someone to discuss it with.
- Don't forget to comment on others' read-along posts about your own thoughts on the chapters :)
- Feel free to add the buttons/banners to your sidebar and read-along posts!
This reading event is hosted by Dandelion Dreams. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.