September 29, 2014 – October 5, 2014
I hope you're ready to get your scary on! Guidelines for the read-a-thon:
- there really are no requirements to join the read-a-thons here at Seasons of Reading. You do not have to have a blog. You can join us from Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads.
- the FrightFall and Spring into Horror read-a-thons only have one requirement. You must read one scary book. However, that book can be horror, paranormal, thriller, mystery, etc. The rest of the read-a-thon, you can read whatever you want. High Summer and A Winter's Respite read-a-thons have no reading requirements.
- children's books are allowed on all read-a-thons, as long as you are also reading some adult books.
- we do not host any mini-challenges, but do not object to other read-a-thon participants hosting something or donating a prizes. Please contact Michelle at the contact tab if you would like to host or donate something.
- we have one big giveaway at the end of the read-a-thon, but you must have participated in the read-a-thon to qualify. This means signing up and linking up your wrap-up at the end (winners are chosen from the wrap-up linky).
- there will no longer be a starting line linky. Feel free to add a second link to the sign-up linky for your goal post (just be sure to include "goal post" when you enter your name the second time). Goal posts are not an absolute necessity, but it's recommended so visitors (including me) can stop by, see what your reading plans are and cheer you on.
- each read-a-thon has its own hashtag for Twitter (or Facebook). #WintersRespite #SpringHorrorRAT #HSreadathon #FrightFall
- you do not have to participate the full week. You can start at the beginning and end early, or start later at the end of the week. Just keep in mind that the last day to sign up is the Friday during the read-a-thon at 11:59pm CST.
- all times are central standard time (CST) so adjust your time accordingly. Each read-a-thon starts at midnight Monday and ends at 11:59pm on Sunday.
- participants have until 10:00pm CST on the Tuesday after the read-a-thon to post their wrap-up and be eligible for the giveaway.
- last, but not least, I leave you with our read-a-thon credo, a week of relaxed reading during which we can personally challenge ourselves and whittle away those ever looming TBR piles/shelves/libraries. So, no pressure...EVER! Enjoy!
This reading event is hosted by The True Book Addict. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.