January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
The Color Coded Challenge seems to be as popular as ever, so we're going to give it another go. This year I'm going to open things up a bit more--the color may either be named in the title or it may appear as the dominant color for the cover of the book. For "implies color" the image implying color should dominate the cover--for instance a large rainbow, a field of flowers, or the image of a painter. Get ready for a rainbow of reading in 2015.
Here are the rules:
*Read nine books in the following categories.
- A book with "Blue" or any shade of Blue (Turquoise, Aquamarine, Navy, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "Red" or any shade of Red (Scarlet, Crimson, Burgandy, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "Yellow" or any shade of Yellow (Gold, Lemon, Maize, etc.)in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "Green" or any shade of Green (Emerald, Lime, Jade, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "Brown" or any shade of Brown (Tan, Chocolate, Beige, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "Black" or any shade of Black (Jet, Ebony, Charcoal, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with "White" or any shade of White (Ivory, Eggshell, Cream, etc.) in the title/on the cover.
- A book with any other color in the title/on the cover (Purple, Orange, Silver, Pink, Magenta, etc.).
- A book with a word that implies color (Rainbow, Polka-dot, Plaid, Paisley, Stripe, etc.).
* Any book read from January 1 through December 31, 2015 will count.
*Crossovers with other challenges are fine.
*Everyone who completes all nine categories will be entered in a year-end drawing for a book-related prize package.
*Please post about the challenge on your blog. Sign ups accepted until Nov 4, 2015.
*Please sign up using the Linky below. Give your name & blog (Example: Bev @ My Reader's Block) and use a direct link to your challenge post as your url. Please don't connect to just your home page. Links to a list on GoodReads or other social media sites are also acceptable.
*Please use the Review Headquarters Page (sidebar link coming in January) to post review links and a final wrap-up post when you finish the challenge. [Reviews are not required--but I would love to see what you think about the books that you've read if you do review.]
*No blog or GoodReads site? That's okay. Post a comment here to announce your entry into the challenge and when you have completed the challenge just post a comment at the review site with a list of your books.
This reading challenge is hosted by My Reader's Block. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.