January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015
Whether you are a patriotic Australian, an aspiring or armchair tourist or simply an international reader wanting to discover some talented new authors and interact with like-minded readers, the Aussie Author Challenge could be for you!
The objective of this challenge is to showcase the wonderful diversity of the work being produced by Australian authors.
This dedicated page here at Booklover Book Reviews will be your one-stop shop for the challenge.
In addition to 3 different challenge levels, this year we have a few new features.
Firstly, these wonderful publishers will be joining in and showing their support for Aussie authors, and the readers that support them, by offering new release titles for giveaway throughout the year: Scribe Publications, Transit Lounge,Text Publishing, Random House
The book giveaways will be open to all (although there may be restrictions on the countries the prizes can be mailed to) but Aussie Author Challenge Participants will be eligible for extra entries into the random draws (1 extra entry for challenge registration + 1 extra entry for each book review link accepted at that time).
There will be opportunities to hear more from both established and up and coming Aussie authors in our interview series.
There is a new, simpler way to submit links to your challenge commitment, book reviews and completion posts. And this year, don’t worry if you don’t have your own website, you can participate via your facebook or google+ page.
And, this year a link to every book review published as part of this challenge will be featured in a special fortnightly Aussie Author Challenge Update in our Booklover Book Reviews Weekly Newsletter (285+ subscribers and growing by the day). You can sign-up to receive this newsletter at the top of this page (right sidebar).
Read on to decide which challenge level suits you and how you can get involved!
Challenge Period: 1 January 2015 – 31 December 2015
– Read and review 3 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 1 of those authors are female, at least 1 of those authors are male, and at least 1 of those authors are new to you;
– Fiction or non-fiction, any genre.
– Read and review 6 titles written by Australian authors, of which at least 2 of those authors are female, at least 2 of those authors are male, and at least 2 of those authors are new to you;
– Fiction or non-fiction, at least 2 genres.
– Read and review 12 titles written by Australian Authors of which at least 4 of those authors are female, at least 4 of those authors are male, and at least 4 of those authors are new to you;
– At least 6 fiction and at least 2 non-fiction, and at least 2 titles first published in 2014 or 2015.
How to Join:
1. Tell the world you are committing to this challenge and at what level – you can do that either on your own website, facebook or google+, or any other form of social media that will allow you to convey your feelings about each book after reading them. In that commitment provide a link to this page and display the Aussie Author Challenge 2015 button to show your support for the initiative.
2. After doing that, register for the challenge using the multi-purpose form at the bottom of this page – you must provide a link to where you’ve published your commitment to the challenge. I will routinely update the official list of participants on this page with a link to your commitment.
3. Each time you read and review a book please provide a link back to this challenge page. Then simply submit the web link to where your book review is published using the form below. I will routinely update the official list of books reviewed by participants (also providing participant name and link to your review) on this page so that others can easily find them.
4. When you have completed this challenge tell the world about the achievement, and submit a link to that completion announcement via the form below. I will then add a link to the official completion list on this page.
When sharing your reviews via twitter, or more generally discussing this challenge, use the hashtag #aussieauthor. If you ever have any difficulties using the form below don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com.
Resources you may find useful:
This reading challenge is hosted by Booklover Book Reviews. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.