Friday, December 19, 2014

2015 Ethereal Reading Challenge

February 1, 2015 – February 1, 2016


Ethereal” débuted this year and is closest to my heart of the trio I created.  My groups are free of rules stifling what we read and prizes are for all guests internationally.  This theme is for anything that steps beyond the black & white of life.  Titles boasting “haunted of” or“ghost of” that debunk those inside the pages?  No.  Anything else under the sun?  Bring it!

I love spirits, extra-sensory abilities, animal communication, healing, the afterlife.  My favourite ambiences are haunted houses, witches, and gothic mystery!  When I sought reading challenges along these lines;  all I saw were vampire-type themes in very young crowds.  I am providing a forum for any mystical subject!  Readers over 30 needn’t feel out of place and topics that were drowned out, have our attention.  Share your literature from February 1, no matter when you join:  in any format, publication year, length, age group.  Anything you consider Ethereal belongs here.

~ Spiritual, mystical, paranormal:  non-fiction, fictional, religious.
~ Serious studies:  dreams, near-death experiences, miracles, astrology.
~ Novels with clergy: Sister Carol Anne O’Marie, Caroline Roe, Margaret Frazer.
~ Books with animals talking / doing more than what society credits them.
~ Fantasy is certainly otherworldly, as well as witches and fairies.

~ HOW TO JOIN? ~
If you’re a blogger, write a post that links this page and shares why you are joining me.  Name a participation level but you aren’t bound to it.  I have devised a prize point system for our grand finale, that ensures you are included for starters, because you joined and linked one review!

In the sign-up button, please input the URL of a post / page with no more than three other groups on it.  A media-heavy page is very hard to visit on slow speed internet.  What’s more, as a small blog:  I appreciate the promotion you’re giving me when your post goes out.

~ If YOU AREN’T A BLOGGER ~
Sign-up with any public webpage (not ‘facebook’).  A place that lets you write and make lists, or the URL to your Goodreads profile would suffice.  Review URLs may come from any source, such as Amazon and Book Depository.

~ THE REST OF THE YEAR ~
Watch for prize activities, share your thoughts, and drop off reviews.  A line or two is ample, to explain your star rating.  Our renewed year runs February 1, 2015 to February 1, 2016!  If you have been part of my circle since our premiere, which concludes February 28;  it is okay with me if the extra month gives you freebies.  We will all balance out soon.

See you February 1st, 2015 to February 1th, 2016!

~ PRIZE DRAW TABULATION! ~
At the end of our year, there will be a grand finale prize draw.  I have found a way for qualification to be easy, while simultaneously rewarding extra effort.  My guests will give their tallies and I will put their names into a bowl.  Have fun bringing creative reading to our table.  Merry Christmas and happy 2015 to us all!  Sincerely, Carolyn.

1 name in a bowl ~ You joined via linky button and left a review.
1 name in a bowl ~ You finished your original commitment level.
1 name in a bowl ~ For each level you rose higher than planned.

This reading challenge is hosted by RIEDEL Fascination. For more information and to sign-up, please see this post.